My predictions for the 2016 election aftermath:
1) Many people who voted for the winner will now expect everything to be fixed within a few years, and that the new president will do everything he promised to do. It won't, and (s)he won't.
2) Likewise, people who voted for the opposing candidate who said that they'd move to Canada, won't actually end up moving.
3) Despite these people's claims to the contrary, the country won't actually plunge into anarchy, and World War Three won't happen either.
4) There will be lots of photos of these people from the losing party in the press, shown crying and hugging. Somebody might even make a Tumblr account for them.
5) The 2nd Amendment won't be overturned.
6) Roe vs. Wade won't be overturned either.
7) Those "Don't blame me; I voted for [losing candidate]" bumper stickers will come back into popularity.
8) Some actor from Saturday Night Live will regularly impersonate the new president. We'll be subjected to predictable sketches that each run 5-10 minutes long when they should have been 1-2 minutes, as the writers essentially try to make 4-8 years of new jokes with the same underlying punch line. Like the Sarah Palin support sketch, a lot of it will be more mimicking than actual comedy. The character will refine over time, though.