Recently thrown out stuff:
- 2009 Old Farmer's Almanac. That means I probably bought it in 2008. But yes, OFA is the oldest continuously published periodical in America, going since 1792. Why did I buy this? Did I want to know the moon phases and really doubtful weather predictions for that year? Actually I remember buying it because some of the articles looked interesting, and also for the novelty value. Well, I'm done with it. Though I have to wonder: in all the years they've been publishing this, did anybody ever tell them that it should be Farmers' and not Farmer's? Because it was written for more than one farmer, and the way to write the possessive form of a plural word is to put the apostrophe at the end. Their competitor got it right.
- "The Walking Company" dehumidifiers. I got these with some pair of shoes I bought from them. I was told to keep them inside the shoes when I wasn't wearing them. I did that for some time. Then these two little pieces of wood just hung out in my closet. I really don't need two little blocks of wood. I don't even have a gig as a percussionist.
- Setlist to a George Carlin bootleg. Ah ha, I was looking for this! Not clutter. But it's time to put it with the recording I made from the audience that night. Done.
- Instructions for my can opener. And it's not even an electric one. But it is actually one of those ones that actually opens cans by undoing the seal around the top, instead of cutting in. Nifty device. But once you figure out how to work it, do you really need the instructions?
- Yahoo Maps printout. I'm sure I'll be stumbling across more of these in the future. As I've mentioned before, my new car has a navigation system, and even if it didn't, it's not going to hurt to throw away a set of directions that you're not going to use (and can look it up at any time) in the next year or two.
- Ruby Tuesday...recipe? I admittedly did not take this photo recently. I just happen to be writing the blog about it now. But I can't remember what this was. Some kind of recipe? Restaurant hours? Expired gift certificate. Who knows. But I knew I threw it out for a good reason, which is why it made it into this photo.